WE ARE STILL FIGHTING the current proposed OSU Master Plan Expansion!
At the Board of regents meeting, Dec 2, Dr. Schmidly stated that he would like to meet with us. I know he stated the same thing to those representing the faculty and students. I do not know if Dr. Schmidly has met with the faculty and students. However, I do know that he has been too busy to this point to meet with us. He said he was in hopes he might be able to meet with us before 2006. We were in hopes to meet with Dr. Schmidly to see if we could all work together in a cooperative manner. Perhaps he will have time to do that before the Board of Regents meeting on Jan. 27 in Muskogee.
**(As of today, Dec.15, we DO now have a meeting with Dr. Schmidly.)
WE NEED HELP! Are you willing to work on a committee to:
- Do research on street closings, revenue tax loss effect on citizens, schools, etc. in the City of Stillwater .
- Be a part of a coalition for the city of Stillwater residents?
- Be willing to work with faculty and students of OSU regarding their concerns?
- Could you make phone calls, help circulate a petition?
- Write letters to Board of Regents, Legislators, editors in Stillwater papers and around the state, and to the city of Stillwater?
- Research OSU Foundation Funding and policies
- Research alternative sites for location of the Athletic Village?
- Gather information regarding homeowners, rental property owners, offers given for property, manner in which such transactions have been handled and the satisfaction of property owners in the transactions, as well as OSU acquisitions to date?
- Draft a moratorium for the City and State regarding eminent domain parameters?
Please email us,