Topics of Concern (at 11/14/05 Mtg.) Held at Hillcrest Baptist Church
DEC 2 REGENTS MEETING
- Attend regents meeting en masse on Dec. 2
- Contact Board of Regents, Chancellor of Higher Ed, and local, state & federal legislators en masse
- Draft a petition of concern before Dec. 2 Regents meeting
- Have Robert Maurizzi give & expand his experiences in this area tonight
- Regents, Legislators who forward names – soft belly
- Solicit spokesperson or lawyer to speak on our behalf
EMINENT DOMAIN/ LAND ACQUISITION
- Can we lobby regents? If not, who appoints the regents?
- Can we lobby who appoints the regents?
- Find out time-table to confiscate property
- Get an attorney now
- Get in writing what OSU plans to do
- Identify who is the leader
- Lean on City
- Stop OSU from going north of McElroy
- What about intramural field?
- What can we do to help our neighbors among the 410 properties Duck -Eskridge Ave. – Washington-McElroy?
- Write to all local, state and federal legislators too rescind the power of eminent domain.
PARKING / TRAFFIC FLOW
- City ordinances not enforced – parking on the streets
- Faculty on sabbatical or on leave (more than one year) need to be able to rent
NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION / COVENANTS
- Contact city & city commissioners
- Contact Stillwater Neighborhood Alliance and become association.
- Establish covenants for the entire neighborhood
- Get copies of covenants previously established
- Get media attention – TV, radio, O’Collegian, Stillwater Journal, Stillwater Newspress
- Hire an appraiser as a neighborhood – one we can trust
- Hire and attorney for the Association – before Dec. 2 Regents meeting
- Organize a simple association – short name, clear purpose, flexible
- Organize – collect money – do it now
- Use web site for communication
OSU MASTER PLAN
- Build the athletic village on the old golf course
- Contact Benham with our comments
- Contact Institute for Issues Management – Weldon Schieffer to see if they will handle the next meeting.
- Contact (cards, letters, phone calls, e-mail) members of the University Board of Regents and local and state legislators
- Contact Oklahoma Representative, Frank Lucas, for he is against eminent domain
- Find out the facts and draft a response
- Get statement from OSU to all homeowners stating that OSU will never seek to acquire our homes.
- Is Washington Heights addition in the OSU Master Plan – 10, 20, 25 years?
- Repeal sales tax to pay off Gallagher-Iba Arena
- Write letter to O’Collegain, Stillwater Journal, Stillwater Newspress, Tulsa World and Daily Oklahoman
WILL ROGERS SCHOOL
- Need liaison with school district
*Note from administrator (Ann Williams): This summary of the 11/14/05 was typewritten and given to me by an individual who helped plan this meeting so that I would enter the information to this website. I did not attend this meeting as I was attending the City Commission meeting.